Apricot, Cranberry & Coconut Balls
Protein balls have a satiating combination of protein, good carbs, healthy fats, and are high in fibre. Each ball offers you between 100-200 calories depending on the ingredients. Protein balls are quick and easy to make and can be a satisfying snack to hold you over until your next meal.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed mix
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 6-7 dried apricots
- Small handful of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon liquid coconut oil
- Place oats, flaxseed, shredded coconut, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut oil in a food processor to combine.
- Add apricots, cranberries and almonds in food processor, combine to your liking of texture.
- Pour mixture into a bowl.
- With your hands knead the dough until well combined. Form dough into 8-10 even balls.
- Store in the fridge up to 7 days in an airtight container or you can freeze them. Enjoy!
Note: If the protein ball mixture seems a little too dry or crumbly, add more coconut oil, a teaspoon at a time, until the mixture forms well together.