Lemon & Mustard Grilled Chicken Salad
Bursting with zesty flavour, this tasty chicken salad is perfect as a main meal or a side.
- 1 large chicken breast , halved horizontally OR 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, extra
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cups cos or iceberg lettuce, chopped (or other lettuce of choice)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium avocado, quartered and sliced thickly
- 1/2 red onion, small, finely sliced
- 3/4 cup corn kernels, fresh or canned drained
Dressing & marinade:
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (optional)
1. Place dressing ingredients in a jar or bowl and mix well.
- Place chicken in a bowl. Add 2 tbsp dressing, 1 tbsp extra lemon juice, plus a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well. Marinate minimum 20 minutes up to 24 hours.
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook.
- Transfer to plate, cover loosely with foil for 3 minutes. Slice.
Combing the grilled chicken salad: Place remaining salad ingredients in a bowl. Top with chicken. Drizzle dressing all over. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Serves 2 as a meal, 4 as a side.