Delicious Carrot Frittatas With Mint Yogurt Dressing
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 3 tbsp almond meal
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp shallots, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to season
- Coconut oil or virgin olive oil for shallow frying
Mint Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 clove small garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour for flavours to blend.
Method for frittatas:
- Grate the carrots and place in a large bowl. Add in bowl rest of ingredients.
- Combine thoroughly. It should form a thick lumpy mixture.
- Heat a fry pan to a medium heat and add 2 tsp olive oil or coconut oil.
- Scoop generous heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and flatten into fritter shapes. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side. If they start to burn too quickly, reduce the heat.
- Repeat with the remaining batter until done, adding a little extra oil to the pan as necessary. The oil helps to add flavour and a slight crispness to the fritters. Serve warm with mint yogurt. Enjoy!