Cauliflower is exceptionally low in calories yet high in vitamins. In fact, cauliflower contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need. It also contains unique plant compounds that may reduce the risk of several diseases, including heart disease and cancer.
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 260ºC.
- Remove the outer green leaves from the head of cauliflower and trim the stem.
- Using a large knife cut the cauliflower in half lengthwise through the centre.
- Cut a 1 ½-inch thick steak from each half. If the head is large, carefully cut one more steak from each of the cut sides.
- Place cauliflower steaks on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika.
- Using a basting brush, brush evenly olive oil mixture onto both sides of cauliflower steaks.
- Bake until golden brown, for 15-20min. Turning cauliflower once.
- Serve warm, Enjoy!